Association of Bellingham Neighborhoods (ABN)
Monthly Meetings - None Schedule at this time (as of March 2011) Contact Chair Richard J Maneval for information
The object of this association is to strengthen the Bellingham Neighborhoods by:
- Establishing communication among the neighborhoods
- Encouraging and supporting the neighborhood associations through shared resources.
- Providing a systems perspective of neighborhood issues.
- Providing neighborhood advocacy to the City and County councils.
- Informing and educating ourselves regarding common issues.
For other information:
- ABN Bylaws and Standing Rules (.DOC).
- Financial background and details.
- ABN History on how ABN group was started.
rjmaneval AT comcast DOT net 360-671-9559
Secretary/Treasure: Tom Scott
tomscott AT onsitecomputers DOT com 360-961-4440
webmaster AT aobn DOT org 360-733-8782
- 2007-09 Schedule: 4th Tuesday of every month at 6:30 PM. "Boys & Girls Club", (1715 Kentucky Street)
- 2006 Schedule: 4th Tuesday of every month, Moles Funeral Home, (Yew/Wolburn/Lakeway)
- Complete meeting agendas and minutes, president reports available in the agenda and minutes Archive .
 Workgroups (NPUP,HDP)
- Neighborhood Plan - Updating Process (NPUP) - (Notes and information)
- Historic Designation and process (HDP) - (Notes and information)
 CURRENT TOPICS / ISSUES
 Agenda items include
- Each Month each Neighborhood gives a summary update of what is happening in their neighborhood and what issues their neighborhood association is addressing.
- It has included City of Bellingham and Whatcom County staff and elected officials, Building Industry Association of Whatcom County, bankers and credit union officials, business leaders, developers, financial experts, and other Bellingham organizations
Review of ABN topics and issues.
- See full Future_Topics possible list.
 PUBLIC SAFETY INFORMATION
Each neighborhood resident is encourage to become very pro-active and informed has to how to prepare for a disaster, deter crime and address the safety of traffic in their neighborhoods. In order to help residents we have listed a number of web sites where residents can learn what steps they can take and what the City of Bellingham and the Whatcom County government is responsible for.
- PREPARING FOR THE UNEXPECTED
- LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES
- PREVENTING CRIME IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD
"LIGHTING IDEAS" (we are not encouraging anyone to buy any of these product, but consider them as ideas for you - there are other suppliers) http://www.lampsplus.com/nat-geo-hybrid/ (solar porch lights) http://www.ledlightingshowroom.com/?af=1434&s_kwcid=led%20lighting|3284988470 (LED lights) "SOMETHING TO READ AND CONSIDER?" http://www.thedailygreen.com/going-green/community-tips/7412
- NATIONAL NIGHT OUT
BROKEN WINDOWS! WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/198203/broken-windows http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2009/02/08/breakthrough_on_broken_windows/?page=1 http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A46381-2005Jan29.html
Updated: June 20th 2009 by Richard J Maneval
 Main ABN Resources
- Calendar of Meeting events
 Neigborhood specific information
Neighborhood List: Status for 2008
- ($25 dues, contact info, bylaws, etc)
|Alabama||Northeast area of city|
|Birchwood||Northwest area of city|
|Cornwall.||Cornwall Park area|
|Columbia||North of downtown|
|Edgemoor||Southeast area of the city|
|3/5||Fairhaven||On the South side of the city|
|Guide Meridian/Cordata||North side of the city|
|2/29||Happy Valley||Happy Valley area|
|Lettered Streets||North of downtown and east of Columbia Neigh.|
|Puget||Puget / Lakeway Area|
|Roosevelt||east of I-5 and north of Whatcom Creek|
|Samish||Samish Dr Area|
|Sehome Hill||Sehome Hill / Holly / Samish way area.|
|1/16||Silver Beach||Silver Beach area|
|South||Area south end of Bellingham city district.|
|3/5||South Hill||South Hill / Highland drive to the water|
|3/25||Whatcom Falls||Lakeway/Yew/Electric area|
|3/7||York||York street Area|
 Neigborhood areas with no ABN reps.
* CBD : Central Business District (downtown bellingham to waterfront) * County (-B'ham) : County areas outside of Bellingham City Limits * Mt Baker : Mt Baker Highway area. * WWU : Western Washington University & Sehome Arboretum areas.
 Neighborhood Guide and Resources
Centralized information, shared for everyones use.
- Guide/Meeting_Signs - Examples of neighborhood notification signs
- Guide/Bylaws - Example bylaws.
- ABN - Assoication of Bellingham Neighborhoods
- MNAC - Mayor's Nieghborhood Advisory Commission
- SSNC - South Side Neighborhood Coalition
 Other resources
Groups / Organizations
- Whatcom County
- Washington State
- Pacfic Northwest
- West Coast
- North American
- United States
So far these pages exist for Iain, Ralph, and Tom Scott:
- TODO A TODO list of what's coming up.
- Structure a tentative discussion of structure and items, as discussed with Ralph and others...
If you have any ideas or suggestions, or comments, please visit User_talk:IainDavidson and click the [+] button to add your comments.
Please login (see upper right corner) before doing any edits, so I can tell who you are. :)