OFFICAL ORGANIZATIONAL BODIES
 City of Bellingham
 Whatcom County
- Waterfront Advisory Group
- Waterfront cities all over the world are looking at ways to reshape and redefine their waterfronts. The industrial and resource-based development of Bellingham's waterfront in the early 1900's significantly shaped our community.
- Waterfront Futures is a visioning and master planning process for the waterfront areas along Bellingham Bay. A number of activities and events came together that convinced the City and Port of Bellingham to form a partnership and to initiate this process.
- Waterfront Photo Gallery:
|Whatcom Council of Governments (WCOG),|
- The Whatcom Council of Governments (WCOG) is one of hundreds of councils established across the country to facilitate and encourage cooperation among counties, cities, and other entities such as ports and non-governmental organizations. In most cases, an Executive Board comprised of local elected officials controls the activities of a COG.
- WCOG serves as a regional planning organization enabled by Washington State law and composed of representatives, mostly elected officials, from jurisdictions within and including Whatcom County, WA. An Executive Director and a small staff support the actions of the WCOG.
- WCOG is also the state-designated Regional Transportation Planning Organization (RTPO) and Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO). These two ongoing functions are focused on regional coordination of planning for transportation projects involving state and federal funds. WCOG also administers other federal initiatives related to transportation.